Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I Get By With a Little Help from My Mom

A reader writes, "It is so good to know I am not the only mom of an ADD child who sometimes get exasperated with their lack of following process (with predictable chaotic results)!

But there are those rewarding moments. This morning, I took time off work to go with my son to the high school counselor's office to ensure that he was signed up for the mandatory classes he needed for next trimester. He argued with me all the way to school, that I was treating him like a 5 year old, that he was completely on top of this, that he had already coordinated. I calmly replied - good, if that's true, this appoinment should only take 5 minutes. Of course, when we got there, I discovered that my son's schedule was completely messed up...The counselor worked with us for a good thirty minutes, changing around three classes to accommodate my son's late-entry into a required US History class.

As we left the counselor's office, my son grinned sheepishly at me and said, "Thanks, Mom. I guess I did need a little help from you."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peace be with you